Monday, October 29, 2012

hallowe'en and progress

this weekend was pretty busy, as i wanted it to be! all week at work i think about all the things i want to get done on the weekend involved my etsy store, and i always let other things come up and distract me.  this weekend i buckled down and just DID IT. i started shooting for ladylikeness. i'm having a really good time with it -- i just needed to start and try my best. experiment with things. i found a good spot in my house with good lighting and some space to breathe.

on saturday we went to a hallowe'en wedding social. i went as a bouquet of flowers!  it was SO itchy, friends. to make my costume i gluegunned fake flowers all over a modified t-shirt and wore a f21 skirt.  i also put some flowers in my hair (and a little sock, to provide some volume in the front) 
 barcy went as a ghost.
above: my workstation // below: on our tiny porch taking a breather from shooting

13 comments:

  1. Your costume is very original & clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! but i can't take the credit...it's actually a variation of this project from jordan ferney's blog: http://ohhappyday.com/2012/10/field-of-flowers-costume/


      it was really fun to make and wear!

      Delete
  2. I really love your blog. The photographs are really sweet. Warm wishes - jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jess! i enjoy blogging alot now that i'm making the effort :)



      rachael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. hey lexi--

      that was pretty much my favourite part because it reminds me of "flowers in your hair" by the lumineers. i wish i could be that girl everyday! but i work in an office...that would be weird. haha

      Delete

  4. I'd love to have flowers in my hair like that. how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it was quite fun to have flowers in my hair ;)

      Delete
  5. Ok, that bouquet of flowers. What a clever and fun little costume!

    {heatheringheights.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks heather! i had fun wearing all those flowers! what are you dressing as?

      Delete
  6. I love how that costume turned out! So gorgeous (even if it was itchy..)

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks melissa -- what did you dress as? i always love hearing peoples costumes! thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. I freaking love how your costume turned out!! so darn pretty.

    ReplyDelete

i'd love to hear from you!